i don’t want to be a part of a college system where plagiarism is a worse crime than rape
(via Students help Emma Sulkowicz carry mattress to class in first collective carry)
Y E S
IT IS GETTING BETTER
When I first read about this woman’s plan I thought it was a strong idea but I was worried that it was a little bit much for one person, no matter how dedicated, to keep it up for too long, especially since she has, you know, college to commit to. I never thought about how, if other people helped her carry her burden, I never thought about how much it would look like pallbearers with a coffin. Which is simply one of the strongest visual symbols one can use to disturb people in the western world.
Anonymous said: What's so bad about periods
- Blood comes out of your vagina for anywhere from 3-7 days
- That blood you lose can be around 4 tablespoons to a cup
- a cup of blood, vaginal mucus, and endometrial tissue
- You get cramps that will make you cry. You can vomit and/or pass out from them
- You will get horrible mood swings
- You get headaches
- Your breasts hurt so bad sometimes you can’t even touch them
- You get acne everywhere
- Your actual vagina could be sore
- Your feel constantly tired
- You have a constant fear of soaking through your pad/tampon
- You can’t lay a certain way in bed
- You take pill after pill and it still doesn’t help
- You bloat and gain weight
- You might have anemia (iron deficiency) which can not clot your blood causing so much blood loss it’ll be deadly
- You never feel full
- Everything irritates you
- You will cry a lot
- Once you get up in the morning, your center of gravity has shifted and all the blood settling in you during the night will now rush out of you causing you to clench your legs tightly to avoid leaking
- You get made fun of for having a period ?////?/?/
- You’re forced to go to school/work
- You get told that you’re overreacting
but ya know, fixing your dick discreetly in public is bad too
The people of Ferguson, I believe, don’t need tear gas thrown at them,” Govan said, according to a report from NPR. “I believe they need jobs. I believe the people of Ferguson, they don’t need to be hit with batons. What they need is people to be investing in their businesses. — 11-year-old Ferguson boy Marquis Govan, who just left politicians speechless (via micdotcom)
(Source: eternalsummr, via rhymeswithfacey)
When Nicki Minaj came out with Anaconda the media was like
But now that J.lo & Iggy have came out with the equally explicit “Booty “they’re like
Contrary to popular belief, marginalized groups actually don’t owe allies anything and aren’t obligated to praise allies just for showing basic human decency.
No but marginalized groups can’t treat allies like shit either
Yea we know, otherwise you’ll literally kill us
(Source: zubat, via rhymeswithfacey)
guys this super cute black girl came in my store with big, beautiful, natural hair and she was showing off her new red dress and i told her “you look so beautiful, just like annie!” and she and her mom didn’t know about the new movie coming out so i showed her the trailer and she said “mommy she looks just like me!” and her smile was so fucking huge
don’t tell me representation isn’t important
So there’s a website where you can get free condoms, which is cool… but when am I gonna see pads & tampons for free?
look at this fragile delicate flower of a man look at how precarious his value and identity is wonder at the marvel that is masculinity
This makes me want to cry blood.
This is a prime example of patriarchy at work. He can’t handle holding a fucking purse for 2 fucking seconds before he has to bust out his “man bag” so he can feel validated by his male peers who are rooting him on for not wanting to be feminine. Is his ego and sense of masculinity so fragile he can’t possibly brush it with the slightest amount of femininity before he crashes and burns??Not to mention the fact that a symbol of feminity is being equated to a literal piece of shit.
or maybe he just doesn’t want to hold a fucking purse? god fucking damn it.are you serious with me right now. learn to be more critical of your media like jesus christ.
Anonymous said: It terrifies me how Emma Watson gave a speech on feminism that was so carefully geared not to offend the sensibilities of men, and they still threatened her with violence and exposure in a horrifying way. These men don't hate feminism, they hate women plain and simple
I think it’s a defining moment in the radicalization of young women when they realize men, as a class, absolutely and violently hate them.